This past week I’ve noticed a big difference in my ability to get through the start up workout, including the strength required and the knowledge to quickly move through transitions now that I’ve become more comfortable with my Total Gym. Next week I’d like to try the Pilates workout routine to change things up a bit.
My husband has been working out with the Total Gym from the start and this week added the ab workout to his routine. He admits it is very challenging but he loves it. I’ve decided to try and build up my core a bit more before I tackle that workout.
So far I’m down about 3 pounds which is pretty good considering I’ve been mainly watching my portions and trying to make healthier decisions along with working out on my Total Gym. I’m trying this approach to start to see if I can see a difference without having to make drastic changes. I want something I can stick with after the challenge is over.
One way that makes it easier is to find some recipes that satisfy those cravings without having to give up on sweets entirely. One of my favorite recipes that I first discovered about 5 years ago is this strawberry pie from Kraft Foods. While it is mainly strawberries with some Jello, just putting it in a pie shape makes it feel more “pie” like and the consistency is a bit different than traditional gelatin. It also a fabulous way to use those seasonal strawberries and get 80% of your daily Vitamin C! With only 50 calories and 1 gram of fat, you can even go back for seconds without the guilt!
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. (0.6 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 HONEY MAID Honey Graham, crushed (about 3 Tbsp.)
- ½ cup thawed COOL WHIP Sugar Free Whipped Topping
- In large bowl pour boiling water over gelatin. Stir about 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Add ice and stir until melted. Refrigerate 30 min. or until slightly the gelatin is slightly thickened.
- Gently stir in sliced strawberries. Spray 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray and pour strawberry and gelatin into plate. Pour into 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle crumbs around edge of pie.
- Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or until firm. Slice and garnish with cool whip before serving.
: ⅛ of pie : 50 : 1 gram : 0.5 grams : 5 grams : 2 grams : 2 grams
Looking forward to giving you another update next week!