Last week I found myself with a few extremely overripe bananas, just begging me to baking something with them. I finally gave in on Friday morning and made these wonderful banana crumb muffins. They taste like a treat in and of themselves with the sweet and crumbly topping. My boys were tickled pink when we had a fresh muffin and yogurt topped with strawberries for breakfast versus our usual cereal.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
- Combine 1½ cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- In separate bowl beat or whisk together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Do not over stir! (The is the key to great muffins is to not over mix!)
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter with a fork until mixture is coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
: 1 muffin : 263 : 8 grams
This recipe can be found at allrecipes.com. I’ve made this recipe twice and it has made 12 large muffins each time rather than the 10 muffins stated in the recipe.