One thing that many people know about me is my love for cheesecake. I pretty much think cream cheese is up there with the best stuff on earth. Right next to bacon, blended coffee drinks and cinnamon bears although not necessarily together. But standard cheesecake is not only very fatty but isn’t the cheapest or quickest dessert to make. Sometimes a treat like these Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars are exactly the thing to curb a craving. They are super quick and easy to make and taste absolutely scrumptious!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, extending the ends over the sides of the dish.
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt butter in microwave (approximately 1 minute).
- Add cake mix and one egg. Beat with mixer until well blended.
- Press ⅔ of the cake mixture onto bottom of foil lined pan.
- With electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Add remaining egg, zest and juice and mix well. Pour over crust.
- Top with blueberries.
- Pinch small pieces of the remaining cake mix mixture between your fingers. Gently press into cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 48 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Use foil edges to lift dessert from pan. Cut into bars. Keep refrigerated.
Because the pan is foil lined, it makes it so simple to cut these bars. I love this trick for all types of bars! Happy baking!