I have found that both of my boys love toys that allow them to build whatever their imagination can dream up! My 4 1/2 year old Warren loves to create unique shapes and contraptions while my 6 year old son enjoys building modes of transportation like ships. If your kids also love to build, Zometool offers smart gifts, that are affordable ranging from $10 to $62. The sets are wildly popular in Japan, Korea and Germany, among other foreign markets.
- Zometool has been used by the Jonas Salk Institute in their research for a cure for AIDS.
- Dan Shechtman, the 2011 Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry, used Zometool as did 2-time Nobel Laureate Linus Pauling during their debate over whether quasicrystals were real.
- Physicist Garret Lisi used Zometool to illustrate the complex 8-dimensional structure underpinning his theory that combines particle physics with Einstein’s theory of gravitation.
We received the Creator 1 System Kit. This is a great starter kit that is recommended for ages 6 and up.
- Build hundreds of models from simple to profound.
- Zometool is treasured by teachers, scientists, artists, nerds, mathematicians and fun-loving kids everywhere; the Creator 1 will help you find out why.
- Clear and colorful step-by-step instructions will get you started while leaving you a wide universe open for exploration and free-play.
This kit contains a whopping 246 pieces so it awesome that the set comes in its own storage case to keep the pieces organized and together. Instructions are included for different projects but my boys (including my husband) just wanted to create with their imaginations and came up with several fun shapes. (Yes, we did let our infant son hold a completed square. Keep in mind this set is a choking hazard. He was well supervised for the short time he got to hold onto it.)
While my boys are on the young side of the recommended age, it didn’t hinder their play at all and they loved their own creations. I like that this set will grow with them and gave them a fun activity up at our table that encouraged them to use their brain power! I look forward to seeing more complex models as they gain experience with this toy.
The Creator 1 Set retails for $59. You can find this toy and more which are perfect for holiday gift giving directly from Zometool or or museum gift stores like the Denver Art Museum.
I have a Crazy Bubble Project Kit ($19) to give away to one lucky reader!
Discover a whole new dimension in bubbles, make beautiful bubble-faceted jewels, amaze your friends, confound your cat!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received a sample for the purpose of this review however all thoughts remain 100% my own.