New Years Celebrations with Hormel Appetizers #hormelfamily

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter2Pin on Pinterest0Share on Google+0Digg thisShare on StumbleUpon0Email this to someone

Tomorrow night will a night filled with parties and celebrations to mark the start of 2013. Whether that is a large party with guests or simply a night in with your family, it is always more fun with special food to commemorate the occasion. One way we love to celebrate New Years Eve is with an elaborate dinner at home and a movie we can all enjoy. This typically includes fun appetizers and something we don’t get very often, like king crab!

Hormel Foods has great products and recipes to make quick, easy and delicious mini dishes to fit any New Years menu.

Hormel Appetizer Recipes

• Turn an ordinary biscuit into a more sophisticated appetizer by filling a mini biscuit with a delicious mixture of Hormel® pepperoni minis, cheese, tomato, mayonnaise and pesto to create Italian Pepperoni Bites.
  • Tired of being stuck in the hot kitchen and using the oven all day long? With a preparation time of less than 15 minutes, Chicken and Salsa Tortilla Bites are quick and tasty bite-size wraps that don’t require any baking. Simply combine Hormel® chunk breast of chicken, a vegetable cream cheese of your choice, and CHI-CHI’S® thick & chunky salsa, spread on a tortilla, wrap up and enjoy!
  • Give your appetizer selection a bit of upscale flair with these Bacon and Blue Cheese Crostinis. Elegant and flavorful, each crostini is a mouthful of generous portions of bacon and cheese.

I’m always looking for ways to cut corners so I can actually enjoy my guests whether that includes entertaining a crowd or just my family. Who wants to spend the entire evening in the kitchen? Instead, I like to use products like Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon within recipes so I’m not stuck actually having to fry my bacon! It also helps to eliminate waste when I don’t need an entire pound of bacon and saves so much time.

I like to keep this bacon on hand for every day as well. It works great in scrambled eggs, omelets and my husband loves putting this on his cream cheese bagel for the extra protein.

Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon

Not familiar with being a host? Hormel has some easy entertaining tips to keep in mind during the holiday season:

• Too many friends and family to host at one time? Have an open house and let them know they can drop by any time between certain hours on one special day.
  • Dole out leftovers to guests! Stock-up on take-out containers beforehand and give each guest a special treat when they leave.
  • Music is an important part of any party atmosphere. Make sure to create a playlist beforehand with a variety of music styles and genres so everyone can find a song to relate to at some point during the party.When someone offers to bring something, say yes! You can never have too many appetizers or side-dishes so delegate simple dishes like salads to guests.

What is your favorite appetizer that you’ve created or been served at a party? Do you have any entertaining tips that make your parties successful?

Disclosure: I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Blogger Program and this post is part of my involvement in the Group. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiments are my own

Comments

1. Lindsay C. says

These look really good! I’m not very creative when it comes to appetizers so it’s always nice to get some new ideas.

2. Lavada McReynolds says

Hormel real Crumbled Bacon! I’d never given much thought to using this but what a time saver and as you mentioned perfect for when you don’t need a whole pkg!! I will be using this…thanks :)

3. says

Now that i’m a mama, I have people over all the time to see my son so I’ve started to want to know how to cook more so i can entertain my guests however i usually don’t have the time (did i mention i’m a 1st time mama? lol) so these would be perfect. I do make a really good guacamole dip though :)

4. Jean Fisher says

A simple but very tasty appetizer I was served recently was sauteed shrimp with red pepper flakes and garlic. It took all of five minutes for the host to prepare it and it was fabulous! I recently make gluten free sausage and cheese balls for my father-in-law, who is gluten intolerant and they were a big hit with all my guests.

5. Char W says

These look like very good ways to change things up for a party or even a meal at home. The mini biscuit pies give you a lot of different options. Pepperoni pizza like you mentioned, but also BBQ meat (pork, chicken, beef) or taco filling, veggies with cheese, the possibilities are endless :)

6. Debbie Welchert says

I’m definitely trying the Chicken and Salsa Tortillas. We usually make a seven layer dip at parties and it goes over real good. I’ll have to try something new and put Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon on top of my dip.

7. Heather Carter says

I always serve fresh cut fruit and cream cheese. People love it. It takes very little preparation and people always eat it up :)

8. Katherine says

I want to try the chicken & salsa tortillas! They look amazing! And Hormel Crumbled bacon is SO good! I use it in my broccoli salad!

9. Katie klein says

These look delicious! I’m not very good at making appitizers but I love buying some hawaiian bread and spinach dip as an appitizer its just sooo yummy.

10. Jennifer Mae Hiles says

Wow, the Italian Pepperoni Bites look and sound amazing and pretty easy to make. I will remember this recipe for Super Bowl!

11. Joanne Gregory says

I don’t entertain often, but I love to make little snacks for company. Tiny goat cheese balls are a favorite of mine.

12. Kristine Laird says

I either make salsa and guac or deviled eggs. Deviled eggs would probably be delicious with bacon crumbles! Everything is better with bacon.

13. Carole Ingram says

Bacon makes everything taste better. I really enjoy making cheese balls with crumbled bacon all around it… and buying it in a bag in pieces makes it so much quicker and actually better too!

14. Sandy VanHoey says

I like that bacon and have used it when I made twice baked potatoes to put on top. Also used it for my salads, it;’s great