Rolo Pretzel Bites with M&M Candies for Easter

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter1Pin on Pinterest1,047Share on Google+0Digg thisShare on StumbleUpon63Email this to someone

Last Easter my mom made several different types of Easter candy. Besides these Coconut Chocolate Balls, she also whipped up these super quick and easy Rolo Pretzel Bites featuring spring colored M&M candies. You may have made them with pecans on the top instead but by using chocolate candies, you can add a nice pop of color. This are really great for any seasonal M&M candies, depending on the time of year, or for everyday celebrations with their usual rainbow of colors.

Rolo Pretzel Bites for EasterI don’t know who originally came up with the idea of using M&M’s versus pecans, but it was genius!

5.0 from 6 reviews
Rolo Pretzel Bites
Author:
Recipe Type: Dessert
Cook time:
Total Time:

Ingredients
  • Small pretzels
  • ROLO Chewy Caramels in Milk Chocolate, unwrapped
  • M&M chocolate candies
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, foil or silicone baking sheet.
  2. Place a pretzel for each treat on lined sheet. (I like the square shape of Snyders Snaps instead of the traditional pretzels.) Top each pretzel with one ROLO candy.
  3. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until caramel piece begins to soften, but not melt.
  4. Remove from oven and immediately top with M&M candy.
  5. Cool completely.
  6. (You can also try this in the microwave by placing up to six on a microwave plate on parchment paper. Microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds or until beginning to soften. Follow directions as above and cool completely.)

They are a quick treat with minimal effort, but really taste fabulous!

Do you have a favorite dessert recipe with only a few ingredients?

Comments

1. courtney b says

ok this is my favorite “Sweet” that you’ve created because i LOVE rolos- they are my absolute favorite candy! i gotta try to attempt this one…

2. Julie Wood says

Oh YUM! These look so delicious! I will have to make these for Easter. They look easy to make, and my family would love these as a treat!

3. Sandra VanHoey says

I saw these somewhere else, maybe Pinterest and printed out to try these. Love how they turn out

• Sandra VanHoey says

Not sure if it was Rol’os though on the one I printed, may have been another candy which Rolo’s sounds better to me

4. melisa says

These look absolutely delicious. My family is crazy about caramel and pretzels and chocolate together, I HAVE to make this for them for Easter. I like this recipe!

5. nicole dz says

I love hoe easy these are to make and rolos are so good, one of my fav candies. The kids will love this, think im gonna make some for easter baskets this year.

6. Betsy Barnes says

I don’t really have any favorites, been playing around with a few Peanut Butter Ball recipes. We can’t decide which one we like the best, going to just pick one and be done with it, lol! :)

7. Robin Wilson says

We all love Rolos in my house (and M&Ms of course) but I would never have thought there could be another way to use them other than simply eating them as is. What a wonderful idea! This would be great at Christmas too for gift baskets!

8. Terri S. says

I never think of serving pretzels at Easter but after seeing your Rolo Pretzel Bites with the M&Ms on top, I’m going to make them this Easter. I like the idea of a salty & sweet dessert. They also look good to make for my granddaughter’s birthday party. Thanks for recipe. :-)

9. Gianna says

Now that is one clever, tasty treat! I’d top it with a pecan :)
    I sometimes like to melt dove chocolate, mix with rice krispies and cool in a casserole dish to break apart and eat later. Only two ingredients.

10. Cheryl W. says

I have made these several times, and each time I forget how awesome they are. I think I will make this Easter candy version, with all the other goodies I am making.

11. Birdiebee says

These look really yummy and fairly easy to make. I like that there is both the sweet and salty flavors together.

12. Amy Orvin says

These Rolo Pretzel Bites look wonderful! I don’t have a recipe for a dessert that only has a few ingrediants, but I love this one. Thank you. Happy Easter to you!

13. Jean says

Oh wow, I have a whole bag of Easter M & Ms leftover that are just waiting for this recipe. Unfortunately my kids will probably turn their noses up at them, forcing me and the husband to eat them all!